Join our Giving Community Family!
In almost 23 years, Youth in Focus has had approximately 3,900 youth go through our youth development photography program because of the support of individuals, like you!
IDEAS FOR GIVING:
- Join our monthly giving circle!
- Honor a loved one, mentor, or other important person in your life!
- Ask for donations in lieu of presents for a birthday, graduation, or retirement!
- Does your company offer matching? Donate through a matching campaign to make the most of your dollars and have maximum impact!
- Improve your sense of wellbeing - helping others really does feel good!
- Donate stock and save on capital gains!
- Get a tax deduction! All donations to Youth in Focus are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. Our federal 501(c)3 EIN 91-1821137.
We provide all necessary materials and supplies, including a quality camera for each student to check out for the entire quarter. Our custom-designed photography facility is inviting, well-equipped and well-maintained. Our professional teaching artists are all paid professionals in the field. We utilize an extensive evaluation protocol to assess program outcomes. On all levels, we provide a high-quality after school photography experience designed to support students on a journey of self-discovery and personal growth.
Our sliding scale covers only a small portion of the cost to run the program, with most youth on full scholarship. Making this program happen requires the support of many individuals, foundations, businesses and government entities. And we need you, too!
Please make your tax-deductible* gift by clicking the Donate Now! button and donating online today. The link will take you to Network for Good our online partner where 100% of all donations go to Youth in Focus.
What your gift supports:
A safe, creative space—during critical after-school hours—where students can develop a strong sense of themselves and build confidence for making positive choices.
Encouragement that helps students develop and value their creative voice. A high-quality, intensive, arts education for youth who would otherwise have limited access to such an experience.
WHY WE DO IT
We work with youth who face a variety of challenges in their lives on a daily basis, and who struggle with a combination of racial or ethnic discrimination, poverty or homophobia.
At Youth in Focus, we reach at-risk youth at a crucial time – at or before the 9th grade – when 90% of youth that drop out do so at this time. Studies have found that the majority of kids who drop out of high school do so because of financial pressures, or because they do not believe they can be successful. High school students living in low-income families drop out of school six times the rate of peers from high-income families, and nearly half of all drop outs, ages 16-24, are unemployed. It has been estimated that each year’s class of dropouts will cost the country over $200B during their lifetimes, due to lost earnings, public welfare and crime.
Nearly 73% of our students qualify for the free/reduced lunch program, 82% are students of color, and 70% of students live with a single parent or have other living arrangements.
THANK YOU TO OUR SUPPORTERS!
- Seattle Office of Arts & Culture 2015/2016 Youth Arts program
- Washington State Arts Commission and the National Endowment for the Arts 2016
Contact us: 206.723.1479 yif(at)youthinfocus.org 2100 24th Avenue South, Suite 310, Seattle, WA 98144