Applications for the Creative Career Cohort (CCC) are now open!
Click HERE to apply!
The Creative Career Cohort (CCC) is a 17-week career-connected learning program for BIPOC students aged 15-19 (sophomores - seniors) interested in creative career fields.
The program takes place in the YIF Seattle office where students are provided with arts education, technical photography skills and work on real commercial projects, a supportive community, and a $1,400 stipend for participating.
We combine professional teaching artists, corporate partners, and nonprofit arts staff to showcase career opportunities, provide access to industry professionals, and to expand the professional network for each participant. Students participate in mock interviews and develop a portfolio.
Program graduates are eligible for hire with YIF photography and professional projects.
- Any youth who identifies as BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color)
- Currently in their sophomore - senior year
- Can commit to 17 weeks of in-person classes @ Youth in Focus Office (every Tuesday and Thursday from 4:30 - 7:00 PM / Jan 30th - June 6th)
- Priority given to those who do not have access to arts education through school or extra curricular activities
Timeline for the Creative Career Cohort:
- Session One January 31 - March 9 (no class week of Feb 21st)
Camera and Digital Editing Fundamentals
- Session Two March 14 - April 27 (no class week of April 11)
Honing Artistic Vision
- Session Three May 2 - June 8
Portfolio and Job Readiness
Timeline for the Application Process:
- Application deadline: November 27th by 11:59 pm
- Applications will be reviewed on November 29th
- We will notify you on the status of your application on November 30th
- 25 applications will be chosen to interview for 10 positions
- Interviews will take place between December 4th - 15th
- Application status will be shared on December 20th
- Final class roster will be confirmed on Jan 10th
- The program starts January 30th!!!