We believe all youth should have equitable access to quality arts education. We provide after-school, summer, and partner programs for teens aged 13-19 furthest from education justice defined as youth of color, youth facing poverty/housing insecurity, those for whom English is not their first language, and LGBTQ+ youth. We focus on Social & Emotional Learning, 21st century skills, and technical photography and digital media skills, to ensure students have the tools and confidence they need to succeed in education, life, and career.
We offer free/pay-what-you-can tuition and free bus passes to make our program accessible to all.
Youth in Focus's mission is to equip youth to share their ideas and values with the world through photography and art.
At Youth in Focus we value art as a powerful medium of change to create a healthy, vibrant, more equitable and just society for all. Through this work, we aim to confront and dismantle systemic oppression in all of its forms.
As we look to our future, Youth in Focus is committed to serving even more students furthest from education justice and continuing our work to become an anti-racist organization. Our supportive and inclusive community provides a sense of belonging and safety for youth, fostering positive connections between youth and caring adults.
We’re looking for individuals who are excited to be a part of our mission! We value talents as much as skills, lived experience as much as education, and if you see yourself in one of these roles given our qualifications, we strongly encourage you to apply.
We are looking for individuals who can:
- Approach the need for growth with curiosity and possibility.
- Enthusiastically share our story in a variety of ways.
- Communicate both personal and programmatic needs and decision-making processes effectively with a variety of stakeholders.
- Lead with the need, offer grace, assume best intentions, and hold self and others accountable.
- Build and maintain relationships with staff, students, and program partners.
- Adapt to change, work through set-backs/challenges, and creatively solve problems as they arise.
- Commit to arts education and youth development as a means to education justice and creating a healthy, vibrant, and more just society.